All PLRLL players will be expected to play in the division corresponding with their Little League baseball/softball age. If a parent would like to request that their player/child be evaluated for play in an older division the following criteria will apply:
- The request for evaluation into and older division must be submitted in writing to the PLRLL
- The request should be made to email@example.com
- The request must be made prior to the scheduled group evaluations for baseball/softball
- Players requesting an evaluation into an older division must not have previously challenged into an older division.
- If a player successfully evaluates into an older division they must play 3 seasons in the older division and/or naturally age out.
- An exception to these guidelines may be made at the discretion of the PLRLL Executive Board if the player has been selected to the All-Star team in their second year within a division.
- When all the above criteria are satisfied the player/child to be evaluated MUST attend the scheduled group evaluation for their age appropriate division AND the division they wish to play in.
- Failure to submit the request in writing AND participate in the scheduled evaluations will result in an automatic denial of the challenge request.
- Players challenging into an older division are NOT guaranteed to be permitted to play in the older level.
- Players who are successful at challenging into an older division will be judged as being able to perform/play as one of the top players in the division they are challenging into.
- Decisions of the evaluation committee are final; consideration for the overall success of the league will be considered as part of the decision process.