PLRLL Meeting Minutes 2/25/2016

PLRLL Meeting Minutes 2/25/2016

● Meeting called to order at 8PM
● Review of player evaluation process and challenge to higher division
○ Discussed process for evaluations, challenges as well as corresponding
■ Reviewed that all evaluated players may not make the higher division
regardless of ability. Players will be moved to an alternate division only if
the move will not jeopardize the viability of their age appropriate division.
○ Reminder that only players being evaluated as well as the coaches conducting
the evaluations are permitted in the gym during the evaluation process. No
parents/family members are allowed to be in the gym during evaluations due to
insurance regulations with PLHS.
● Field care day on March 19 from 812
○ Request made for people to bring landscaping tools/equipment
○ PLRLL Board will look into field care for Riverdale School fields
● March 24 will be mandatory manager’s meeting for uniforms, etc
○ New managers/coaches need to submit all required paperwork including Rutgers
Safety card, Heads Up Concussion training, code of conduct form, background
check form along with a copy of their driver’s license.
■ Returning coaches/managers need only submit a new background check
form as well as code of conduct.
● April 9th is opening day with more info to follow regarding pictures, parade and
● Currently there are 322 players registered
○ Managers for farm baseball are needed
○ Farm softball and minor softball officially a go
■ 3 farm teams may go to 4 depending on final numbers
■ Additional players are still needed for several divisions including Major
BB/SB, Juniors BB/SB and Senior BB needs 3 players
● Preseason
○ Outside of snack stand has been painted
○ Inside floor of snack stand was painted walls to be done
○ Equipment boxes in process of being painted
○ Shed will get new door at a cost of $650
○ Nets to be installed at senior field
○ Batting cages will be cleaned and new carpet or cinders to be installed
○ Quotes on Joe Black to convert to baseball field
■ Backstop, sprinkler system
○ Need new appliances for snack stand
○ Availability of Independence fields
● Treasury report provided
● Discussed purchase of a ATV to replace golf cart for dragging field and moving
● Meeting adjourned at 8:30PM

Comments are closed.